Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Natasha Dunkin Artist Statement

Hey everyone!

My name is Natasha Dunkin, I am twenty years old and recently just transferred to Hunter College to start my junior year as a film major. I transferred from Quinnipiac University located in Hamden, Connecticut to Hunter College because I felt as if New York City would provide me with a variety of opportunities within the film industry. Ever since I was old enough to truly appreciate and understand the film industry, it has been my dream to become part of it; either on screen or off screen. Primarily, my goal is to become an film actress at some point in my life. I have always been fascinated by the film industry and all that it has to offer. I was first exposed to the film industry when my cousin, Christopher, asked me to act as an extra in a production he was working on for his course at Columbia University around 5 years ago. It was a great experience being on set and witnessing first- hand how the film industry operates. In just the short amount of time it took to film the scene for my cousin, I learned a lot about the ins and outs of creating a believable, well constructed scene. Not only has this experience taught me about the production process but also, Quinnipiac University has taught me more than I could have ever imagined about the movie industry; behind camera and in front of the camera. As far as influences within the industry, I am I huge fan of Heath Ledger, Tom Hardy, Ansel Elgort and Sandra Bullock's work. Each of these actors and actresses have a unique style to their variety of characters which I admire and aspire to obtain in the future. I have always appreciated actors and actresses that can mold into any character in order to create a wide range of characters. My favorite film is Batman: The Dark Knight directed by Christopher Nolan. I admire the film style, acting and the message portrayed through this movie. I am extremely excited to learned even more about film and hopefully create and act in big screen movies in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment