Thursday, November 13, 2014

Museum of the Moving Image Field Trip

Although I was not able to attend the Museum of the Moving Image field trip along with my fellow peers and educators at Hunter College, I did make time to attend during this past weekend with a friend. We hopped in a cab to Astoria, Queens and head over to the Museum of the Moving Image to view all of the unique,famous, and interactive attractions seen within the film industry. After seeing all the different attractions, props and film memorabilia, the attraction that stood out to me the most while I was at the museum was the interactive sound booth. I was extremely interested in this because it has always been a dream of mine to be a voice over artist in the future as my career. Ever since I was young, I had the ability to change my voice in order to impersonate many celebrities and mimic many accents from all around the world. Because of this, I have always been fascinated with voice-over sound within movies. Animation always stood out to me within the film industry because I always wanted to voice a character within a film, and make it my own. The sound booth at the museum really opened my eyes and made me feel as if I were getting a sneak peek at what my career would have in store for me. I got to see an example of a sound studio, with foam on the walls keeping the sound contained within the room. The technology used today within the film industry has really come a long way in changing and developing the way movies are created. Not only does the evolution of cameras change the way movies are created, but also sound systems change the way movies are created; as seen during my trip to the MOMI.  Although my friend and I were not given an official tour, we did enjoy our overall experience exploring the museum ourselves. Not only did we find the sound booth interesting, but also found the many movie props, cameras, and movie memorabilia very fascinating. Memorabilia from Star Wars, Mrs. Doubtfire, and the Exorcist interested me because these movies are extremely successful within the film industry and seeing it in person was super cool, in my opinion. Overall, the trip was well worth it because it exposed my friend and I to the many great and classic aspects seen within the film industry!

No comments:

Post a Comment